Tuesday 17 September 2013

The People’s Book Prize

I don't very often mention my other persona, Frances di Plino, on this blog, but when something amazing happens, I can't keep it to myself. Bad Moon Rising has been nominated for an award and I need your help.
 
The People’s Book Prize
Founded by Dame Beryl Bainbridge DBE, the People’s Book Prize is decided entirely on readers’ votes. I’m delighted to say that Bad Moon Rising has been nominated in the fiction category, but it’s up against some stiff competition, not least being the great Frederick Forsyth’s latest offering!
 
You can vote for Bad Moon Rising if you’ve read and enjoyed the novel. If you haven’t read it, now’s a good time to point out you can do so for the paltry sum of 77p/99c on Amazon Kindle. (All Crooked Cat Publishing's books are on sale this week, including the next in the series, Someday Never Comes.)

I hate begging for favours, but I think the only way Bad Moon Rising is going to make the final is if lots of you vote – so, here goes: please, please, please vote for my book by following the link below.
 
 
To give you a flavour of the novel, it has garnered 22 five-star, 6 four-star and 1 one-star reviews so far.
 
Here’s the latest:
“As an enthusiastic detective fan, I was not disappointed by this book. The reader is kept guessing all the way through as to the identity of the killer even though his motives are left in no doubt. What I found troubling was that I was taken into the mind of the serial killer and understood it, not a pleasant trip. The twist in the end was satisfying even if I did want to slap Paolo at times and ask him to wake up in his personal life. Characters were believable and not too overdrawn. I can't wait to read the next in this series.”
 
Critique Service for Writers

Flash 500 Home Page: Flash Fiction, Humour Verse
and Novel Opening Chapter and Synopsis Competitions

No comments:

Post a Comment